Monday, February 25, 2013

Great advice on getting a job interview

The entire post is fantastic. Here's a sample:

"Above, all remember this: resumes have one design problem to solve. That design problem is:
  • How should this information be best laid out in order to clearly and quickly communicate it?
It is not:
  • What can I do to ensure that my resume stands out from everyone else's resume?
Why not? [...] I'm likely looking for the first possible excuse to put your resume down and move onto the next one. A really really good excuse would be that in order to understand your resume I needed to reorient my entire understanding of visual hierarchy or design conventions. Your task here is to make me think less, not more. You want your resume to look like a job application, not a Futurist manifesto."