Thursday, October 12, 2006

Rare Music Plug

My friend and former bass player Brendan put me onto Soft Copy. I like them because they're exactly the kind of band I'd like to be in at this moment in my life. (If I had the time and the guitar talent.) They sound like the bands I loved in the 1990s and they sound like they're having a lot of fun.

Anyway, their entire album is available for free as a podcast, and it's very, very good.

Update: their album is now available as separate MP3s. I recommend On The Outside which begins with the simple but effective:

we're getting older / so let us win
we're on the outside, the outside / looking in


Or you can sample their songs at this newfangled thing called myspace.

Please have a release party gentlemen of Soft Copy! I will attend and buy your CD.